Compiled questions and answers
- Are there any lockers / safe deposit in the hostel?
- I am coming with my friends as a group. Do i get a discount?
- Do you provide Istanbul city tours and tours around Turkey?
- Do I need hostel card?
- Curfew or lockout?
- Do you provide blanket, sheets, linen and towels?
- Is there age limit at the hostel?
- Are you located in the center of Istanbul?
- Besides the room rates, are there any hidden charges, taxes?
- Is it possible to park my car and bycle?
- Can I leave our suitcases in your luggage room? How much is that?
- How do we get from airport to your hostel?
- How can I pay?
- Will Antique Hostel accept my Euros or exchange Euros for Turkish Lira?
- I don’t have a credit card. Can I still make a reservation?
- Are the shared dorm rooms mixed-gender?
- We’re traveling as a small group - can we stay in the same room?
- Will my things be safe at Antique Hostel?
- I booked a room at your place and I saw a charge in my bank account. What is this?
- What is pre-authorisation?
- What kind of prepaid GSM SIM-cards there are in Istanbul?
- Which days are places off in Turkey? Saturday and Sunday?
There are free lockers in dormitory rooms and free safety deposit boxes in private rooms.
Please send an e-mail to get special offers.
We have a travel agency and we organize Istanbul city tours and Package tours for Turkey.
No, we are open for all travellers.
No, because reception is 7/24
Yes also hair drier and iron…for free!
No! Our hostel is suitable for all travellers or families!
Yes, it is in the historical center! (Old City)
No there is no any extra of hidden charges. Taxes are included the prices.
There is street parking place in front of our hostel for free
You can leave your stuff in our luggage room during the day for free!
Please check the following link: www.antiquehostel.com/location.html
Lira ,Euro, Usd, Gbp and Visa/master credit cards ( no commission ).
In a word, yes. We use an in-house exchange rate. Please inquire at reception for more information. This service is available as long as the receptionist has sufficient currency.
Sure. If you do not have a credit card or cannot use one to secure your reservation, we also accept advance payment through a bank transfer. You might also be able to make a non-confirmed reservation, where by you must call or email to confirm two days before your arrival. This also requires that you arrive by 3pm or call again to reconfirm. This option is only available in certain situations, so email us and we’ll see what we can work out for you: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes. All of our shared rooms are mixed-gender. We do not offer single-gender dorm rooms. If you wish to stay in a single-gender room, you will need to book a private room.
This is why Antique Hostel International created private rooms. In other words, a private room is the only way to ensure that you will be together. If that’s not possible, booking under one reservation will increase your chances of being in the same room. And if you’ve booked separately, you can still try emailing us to let us know your preference. We will do our best to accommodate you but we can’t guarantee it.
For the safety of our guests and their belongings, we offer:
Secure luggage room
Lockable storage boxes in the dorm-room
Safe deposit boxes in all the private rooms
Laptop storage behind reception
Located on a quiet street
These require a separate lock. If you do not have one of your own you can buy a padlock from the reception with nominal fee.
That was not a charge, that was only a pre-authorisation which means we only temporarily hold the fee of one night to confirm the booking.
Pre-authorization is a type of credit check that hotels can use to make sure that there are sufficient funds on a credit card to cover part or all of the price of stay.
You can easily use your own Gsm as visitor operator in Turkey and also you can buy Turkish one as Turkcell, Avea or Vodafone
Banks and Post offices and change offices are closed on weekend.
Markets are open 7 days.
On Monday; Saint Sophia, Yerebatan Underground Cistern, Dolmabahçe Palace and Beylerbeyi Palace are closed.
On Tuesday; Topkapi Palace is closed.
On Thursday; Dolmabahçe Palace and Beylerbeyi Palace are closed.